How to have a stress-free Christmas, including avoiding family arguments and sharing the workload.
Christmas is a time for relaxing, having fun and family get-togethers, but it can also have its pressures too.
You are generally stuck in the house, the kids are over excited, there’s the tree to decorate, presents to buy and wrap, and food buy and cook.
It’s no wonder the festive feeling can fizzle out. There is evidence that Christmas puts a strain on families. Statistics show that January is the busiest month for divorce solicitors!
Make sure this Christmas doesn’t become a day to remember for all the wrong reasons. Try to follow some of these tips:
1. If there have been any family rows during the year, resolve them. Tell the people you argued with that you're looking forward to seeing them. Ask if you can get together before Christmas to talk about whatever problem you had.
2. Plan the day and share out the jobs that need to be done. Don't slave away for hours on your own and feel like people have taken advantage of you.
3. Discuss your plans with others, including any children who will be there, so that you can listen to their ideas and wishes for the day. Then you can come up with a celebration which includes things that please everyone.
4. Have a timetable for Christmas Day so that you don’t all sit around for hours doing nothing. Try to make sure you won't be spending a lot of time with a difficult person or someone you don’t get along with.
5. Diffuse some relaxing oils that will de-stress you all and give a lovely scented atmosphere to your home. Try some of the following essential oils:
- dōTERRA Serenity® - Calming Blend
- Elevation - Joyful Blend
To name a few. All oils can be purchased at https://www.mydoterra.com/holisticzone/#/
Don’t drink too much. Drinking excessively is never a good idea. Find out more on safer drinking.
Children can get over excited, so plan a lovely long walk for a change of scene and some fresh air. Everybody will feel better and pleasantly tired instead of irritably tired.
If you do over indulge read this article How To Cure Hangover which you can find here: https://baranddrink.com/the-ultimate-guide-on-how-to-cure-hangover/
Wishing you all a very happy and stress free Christmas and New Year!